Thinking about your future
The student experience at Swansea University offers a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development through involvement in many aspects of student life.
You can gain valuable experience and high-level skills that employers look for through our academic courses, and wherever possible courses are accredited by professional bodies; visit the Colleges' web pages for more information.
Co-curricular opportunities to develop employability skills include national and international work experience and study abroad programmes and volunteering, together with students' union and athletic union societies, social and leisure activities.
Examples of Swansea University initiatives:
- The Swansea Employability Academy
- The Swansea Employability Award
- Learning a language or build on your current language skills
- Engagement with the Bologna Process driving European mobility and employability for Higher Education students and graduates
- The European Commission's Erasmus student mobility programme
- Business start-up support and enterprise skills development