What do we do?
The Vice-Chancellor’s Office (VCO) is responsible for:
- providing high quality administrative, secretarial and PA support to the Vice-Chancellor, Registrar and Chief Operating Officer and the University’s Pro-Vice-Chancellors;
- providing and developing an internal legal service for the University
- professional support and compliance responsibilities in the following areas – Data Protection and Freedom of Information, Immigration regulations and the Welsh Language;
- supporting the Council, the Senate, the Court (the University’s stakeholder body) and a range of non‑academic policy and management committees;
- administering the University’s Chairs and Readerships promotion procedures and promotions to APM 11 and the University’s professorial remuneration procedure;
- the management, monitoring and development of the University’s committee infrastructure to support effective decision making;
- providing a Records Management Service for corporate University records.