Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA)
The College, Swansea University is accredited by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) and is due for its next annual review in spring 2019.
Its predecessor body, International College Wales Swansea (ICWS) will be reviewed in spring 2018. Its most recent review was a QAA Higher Education Review (Embedded Colleges) by the QAA resulted in the following outcome:
QAA's judgements about Navitas UK's provision at International College Wales Swansea
The QAA review team formed the following judgements about the higher education provision at International College Wales Swansea (ICWS).
- The maintenance of the academic standards of awards offered on behalf of Navitas and ICWS's degree-awarding body meets UK expectations
- The quality of student learning opportunities is commended
- The quality of the information about learning opportunities meets UK expectations
The QAA review team identified the following features of good practice at International College Wales Swansea:
- the strong working relationship between the College and University which is effective in planning and implementing the ambitious growth strategy (Expectation B2)
- the 'one Swansea' philosophy of integration which underpins a smooth transition from College to University (Expectation B4)
- the effective processes for student engagement at all levels which ensure the student voice is heard and responded to (Expectation B5, Enhancement)
- the effective use of tracer data from the University in reviewing student performance and achievement (Expectations B8, C)