Dr Alvin Orbaek White, senior lecturer and Ser Cymru II Fellow within Swansea University’s Energy Safety Research Institute (ESRI), will host a the inaugural UK Nanotube Collaborative Workshop on Friday, March 24.
The Workshop, which takes place in the ESRI Lecture Theatre 001, from 8:30am until 4:30pm, will welcome keynote speaker Marcus Stewart, the Head of Energy Insights at National Grid.
The purpose of this workshop is to:
- Build community, linking interests between industry and academics
- Foment and promote partnerships, and foster research ideas that are relevant to industry
- Establish collaborations with the intention of leveraging future research funding.
Workshop participants are also invited to submit an article to a special issue of C, the journal of Carbon Research, entitled "Carbon-Based Materials for Electrical Power Transmission and Smart Grid Technologies".
The aim of this special issue is to present solutions to global energy demands using carbon-based materials within the smart grid system, whereby key technical components are improved or replaced by carbon based materials.
The deadline for the registration for the Workshop is Thursday, March 23, and for full details and to register visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/uk-nanotube-collaborative-workshop-tickets-32443392059.
To learn more about the Energy Safety Research Institute (ESRI) at Swansea University’s College of Engineering, visit: http://www.esri-swansea.org/en/index.htm.
- Friday 17 March 2017 00.00 GMT
- Friday 17 March 2017 11.47 GMT
- Swansea University, Tel: 01792 295049