The Swansea Academy of Inclusivity and Learner Success (SAILS), in partnership with the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, will be hosting a free conference on student transition on Thursday 18th May 2017 10 a.m. – 3.15 p.m in the Great Hall on the Swansea University Bay Campus
Confirmed key note presenters include:
- Dan Shaffer from Supporting Professionalism in Admissions (SPA) discussing the student transition journey including pre-admission and admissions
- Lewis Pearson, University of Wales Trinity Saint David, presenting their Life Design approach to student development
- Wil Vincent from Birmingham City University presenting BCU’s online, interactive pre-arrival programme “Level Up”
- Michael Draper, Director of SAILS, exploring the Swansea University peer mentoring e-toolkit.
There will also be a range of workshops on offer providing practical examples of ways to enhance student transition into and through Higher Education. These include Life Design, Epigeum transition courses, peer mentoring case studies, and transition support for students on the autistic spectrum. This practical and timely Conference is supported by the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
The Conference will in particular be of value to academic and professional services staff, Students’ Union officers and student and college reps as well as students. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
For more information about SAILS go to http://sails.swan.ac.uk
- Thursday 13 April 2017 14.50 BST
- Tuesday 10 September 2019 14.09 BST
- Swansea University, Tel: 01792 295050