Work during studies

WorkHow many hours can I work?

What is a national insurance number and how I can apply for one?

How can I find a job in Swansea?

Find out more ...

Work visas after your studies

ISAS provides general information about some UK work visas which you may qualify for after your studies.

You can find a brief description of three different work visa options and the requirements of these visas in our presentation on Switching to Work Visa Options . You can apply to switch from a Tier 4 (General) student visa to any of the following visas in the UK:

  • Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur (GE)
  • Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Scheme (DES)
  • Tier 2 General

You can find out more about other types of work visas in the Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 5 categories from these websites:

We provide a visa application service for the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur (GE) and Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Scheme (DES) visa.

Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Scheme

This visa is mainly for PhD students.  It enables you to remain in the UK for an extra year while looking for employment and further opportunities.  Find out more...