Finding somewhere to live is an important part of enjoying your time at ELTS and can provide you with further opportunities to practise your English language skills outside of the classroom. This page will help you to find out more about the accommodation choices for ELTS students.

Please check the location of your courses when choosing your accommodation. This will help you to find accommodation which is convenient for where you study. In September 2015, Swansea University opened its new Bay Campus, meaning you need to know where future ELTS courses and where your degree programmes will take place.

If you are hoping to study in the College of Engineering or the School of Management, your degree programme will take place on the Bay Campus once you have graduated from ELTS. Courses taught by The College, Swansea University will continue to take place at the Bay Campus.

University Accommodation

ELTS students are able to apply for Swansea University accommodation. As it is difficult for you to visit the university residences when applying in your own country for a course with us, we suggest you visit the university’s Accommodation for International Students page to find out more about the choices available to you.

Summer pre-sessional students should note that accommodation on Singleton Park campus is limited, and therefore you may be offered accommodation at the Student Village. There is a bus service which links the Student Village and Singleton Park.

The College, Swansea University students should contact The College directly for more information about The College, Swansea University accommodation.

Private Accommodation

Some students prefer to live together in shared private housing. However, students of the same nationality sharing may find that this will reduce their opportunities to practise their English language skills outside of the classroom. The university’s own letting agency, SAS, can help you to find somewhere to live if this is the option you prefer. SAS does not charge administration fees and personally makes sure that landlords respect all the necessary safety standards. You can read their house hunting guide here.

The is an excellent introduction to the different types of accommodation available and explains the four main types of accommodation. The Students’ Union has also introduced a helpful guide to renting in Swansea.

You can also view property to rent through other agents by looking at websites like Rightmove and Zoopla. Please note that ELTS is unable to recommend local letting agents.  


Staying with a host family can be a great way to experience British hospitality and culture for international students. This option is popular if you are looking to improve your language skills by speaking English with local people.

ELTS is only able to recommend university regulated accommodation: if you are interested in living with a local family, we suggest searching the Internet using keywords for Swansea homestay or similar.