Institute of Life Science Phase 2 & Centre for NanoHealth
ILS2 is sited on ABM University NHS Trust land and managed by Swansea University. The key departments co-located within the facility are:
- Centre for Nano Health (CNH): this newly formed Department concentrates on creating products which combine Nano Engineering with Biological applications.
- Clinical Research Unit (CRU): researches innovative medical treatments to common illnesses.
- Chiral Department: research into effective methods of dissemination of medical information.
- Scanning Department: advanced MRI and CAT scanning research facilities.
- Office “Incubation” units: rental office spaces for selected companies working in the area of Life Science